Experience an adventurous and vibrant life full of the
breathtaking beauty of South Africa
Let each passing year be a chapter filled with excitement
and surrounded by unparalleled landscapes.
Permanent Residency Permit – South Africa
People often talk about South Africa as a captivating blend of diverse experiences and it’s totally true! From the diverse culture of people to glorified landscapes, it offers everything, including:
- Affordable living,
- Pleasant climate,
- Stunning beaches,
- Towering mountains for epic views
- Buzzing cities
- And let’s not forget the mind-blowing game reserves.
South Africa is a land of endless adventure. Now, picture yourself calling South Africa home – just like 200,000+ European expats who’ve recently made it happen! This is now possible for all individuals worldwide, with the Financially Independent Permit! So, here is an all inclusive guide to understanding what this remarkable permit has to offer and how it can make your dream of living in South Africa a reality.
The Financially Independent Permit is the gateway of opportunity to permanent residency in South Africa, and for good reason:
- You are granted immediate permanent residency status
- You then have the flexibility to retire in South Africa, more than that you can work, study or start a business
- Once you get your permit you can enter and exit South Africa freely
- If you decide to leave, there are low requirements to re-enter South Africa, at least once every 3 years to maintain your Permanent Residence status
- Living in South Africa comes with a significantly lower cost of living, compared to many Western countries.
What do I need to get the permit?
✅ A minimum net worth of ZAR 12,000,000 (€673,504), calculated as assets minus liabilities.
✅ A refundable deposit of ZAR 120,000 to the South African Department of Home Affairs.
✅ To maintain your residency, it’s necessary to enter South Africa at least once every three years after obtaining the permit
Must I bring/invest these funds into South Africa?
Just like how South Africa stands out in so many ways, there’s something special about it in this aspect too. With this permit, it is;
Not compulsory for you to invest these funds within the country
They can remain in any country of your choice
Additionally, there are no age or nationality restrictions, making it open to people from all walks of life who meet the financial criteria set by the South African Department of Home Affairs.
Reasons why should you apply for the Financially Independent Permit
The Financially Independent Permit compared to the Retirement Permit
Purpose and Eligibility:
- Retirement Permit: Targeted at individuals who wish to spend their retirement years in South Africa. It’s open to anyone, regardless of age, as long as they can show a steady passive income.
- Financially Independent Permit: Designed for individuals with considerable financial means. It’s suitable for various purposes, including working, studying, retiring, or starting a business in South Africa.
- Retirement Permit: Applicants must demonstrate a monthly passive income of at least R37,000 (about €2,077).
- Financially Independent Permit: Requires proving a net worth of at least ZAR 12,000,000 (€673,504) and making a refundable deposit of ZAR 120,000.
- Retirement Permit: Offers permanent residency along with a temporary visa valid for 4 years, which can be renewed.
- Financially Independent Permit: Grants permanent residency immediately upon approval.
- Retirement Permit: There’s no obligation to invest in South African ventures.
- Financially Independent Permit: Also does not require investment in South Africa, setting it apart from permits like the Business Permanent Residency.
How can Black Pen Immigration make this process effortless?
We get it – immigration can be a bit of a maze. But guess what? You’ve got Black Pen Immigration on your side, and we’re not just any other immigration consultant firm; we’re like your trusted partner through this whole journey. Whether you’re knee-deep in the visa process or feeling a bit lost on where to begin, we’ve got you covered and can lend a hand. Let’s make this process a breeze together!
Why choose us?
With years of experience in handling immigration cases, our dedicated team is committed to making the process:
✅Saving You Time
✅Ensuring you get the permanent residency permits you need to fulfil your perfect stay in South Africa.
Our immigration lawyers are fluent in multiple languages such as German, Polish, and English, ensuring clear, all-inclusive and effective communication.
Get started on your Financially Independent Permit process today by completing our Free Assessment Tool, to offer valuable insights into your eligibility and requirements, providing a solid foundation to you obtaining the Financially Independent Permit and living out your best years in South Africa.
Ready to move and live a life of adventure? Reach out to Black Pen Immigration today!
Phone: +27 (0)21 418 2897
- Working from Anywhere: President Ramaphosa Paves the Way for a South African “Remote Work Visa”
- South Africa’s Remote Work Visa Close To A Reality
- South Africa’s High Court Paves Way for ICT Visa Holders to Gain Permanent Residency
- New Paths To Dual Citizenship: Recent Changes To The Nationality Law Make It Easier For Germans To Obtain South African Citizenship
- UPDATE: Department of Home Affairs Visa Application Backlog