- The employee to be seconded must have been employed with the foreign company for at least 6 months prior to being transferred to South Africa
- There needs to be a legal affiliation between the sending employer overseas and the hosting employer in South Africa, such as a local subsidiary or branch office.
- Spouses and children can apply for matching dependant visas to accompany the main visa holder to South Africa
- The intra-company transfer visa is issued for a once-off period of 4 years and cannot be renewed or extended past this term.
- The time spent working in South Africa on an intra-company transfer visa is not counted towards a permanent residence on the basis of permanent employment (link to PRP worker), but may be counted as relevant work experience for critical skills