- The applicant must have graduated from a South African tertiary learning institution.
- The applicant’s degree must fall within an area recognised as a critical skill.
- The applicant must be registered as a member with the appropriate professional body for their occupational field in South Africa.
- The applicant does not need to obtain a skills qualification letter.
- The applicant does not need to have any practical work experience.
- This type of permanent residence is usually finalised within 8 months.
- An offer of employment is not required for this type of permanent residence application (but may be declared voluntarily, if applicable)
- Once the permanent residence permit is approved, the holder is no longer limited to working in their designated skills category only and does not need to report their employer to the Department of Home Affairs.