- Foreign qualifications must be evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) in terms of local educational standards
- The prospective employer must prove that, despite diligent search, the vacancy could not be filled by a local candidate
- The South African Department of Labour must attest that no suitable local candidate is listed on the DoL Employment Services Database, and there is no alternative to the employment of a foreigner.
- Spouses and children can apply for matching dependant visas to accompany the main visa holder to South Africa
- After 5 continuous years of employment in South Africa, the foreigner can apply for permanent residence status if they have been offered a permanent position. (Link to PRP worker)