- The details of the production must be confirmed by the foreign agency or production company sending the foreigner to South Africa, as well as the Commercial Producers Association of South Africa (CPA) or a similar bona fide organisation in South Africa.
- This visa can be renewed from South Africa without limit, but does not allow the holder to apply for a change of status to a different visa type while in South Africa.
- Spouses and children can apply for matching dependant visas to accompany the main visa holder to South Africa.
- This visa does not allow the holder to apply for permanent residence status.
- This visa is only required for productions longer than 3 months. Specialist workers who will be visiting South Africa for period not exceeding 3 months can instead apply for authorisation to conduct work on a visitor’s visa in terms of section 11(2) of the Immigration Act (link to short-term work visa).