What is it?

Foreigners who are involved in the commercial stills and film producing industry can apply for a long-term visitor’s visa for a period of up to 3 years. This includes so-called “oversight travellers” who conduct oversight functions on a commercial production set as well as so-called “specialist travellers” such as actors, models, hairstylists, make-up artists, photographers, cameramen, directors, lighting and sound engineers, etc.
  • The details of the production must be confirmed by the foreign agency or production company sending the foreigner to South Africa, as well as the Commercial Producers Association of South Africa (CPA) or a similar bona fide organisation in South Africa.
  • This visa can be renewed from South Africa without limit, but does not allow the holder to apply for a change of status to a different visa type while in South Africa.
  • Spouses and children can apply for matching dependant visas to accompany the main visa holder to South Africa.
  • This visa does not allow the holder to apply for permanent residence status.
  • This visa is only required for productions longer than 3 months. Specialist workers who will be visiting South Africa for period not exceeding 3 months can instead apply for authorisation to conduct work on a visitor’s visa in terms of section 11(2) of the Immigration Act (link to short-term work visa).

Lets Start The Journey

We offer a FREE ASSESSMENT for all our clients.
Our team of German, French, Polish, Russian and South Africans, specialising in South Africa immigration, combined with our globally experienced commercial consultants, have the valuable skillset required to navigate you through the complex filed of South African immigration.
Free Assessment